Spring has finally arrived and there’s no better way to celebrate a new season than ‘spring cleaning’ your life. Here are a few ways you can add some happiness to your life this week:
1. Learn something new – Enrol on a course or read a book in an area you want to learn more about.
2. Listen to music – Dig out an old CD you haven’t listened to for a while or update the playlist on your MP3 player.
3. Spend time with friends – Arrange a catch up or even a ‘phone date’ with a mate you haven’t spoken to for a while.
4. Get out in the garden – Spring is the perfect time to reassess your garden. Even if you don’t have a garden, grab some pots and bright summer annuals from your local nursery to add a splash of colour to your house.
5. Take up a new sport – Golf, Tai Chi, whatever! Playing an outdoor sport is a great way of taking advantage of the longer days and warmer weather (when it arrives).
6. Book your next holiday – There’s nothing like having some time off to look forward to, especially if it you are jetting off to an exotic location. Even if your workplace is busy, if you book your accommodation and flights far enough in advance it’s locked in then and you can’t back out. Your colleagues can also prepare and do a proper handover before you take off.
7. Go shopping – Few things beat a bit a retail therapy!
8. Rearrange your room/house – They say a change is better than a holiday. I guess it depends where you go on holiday…but rearranging a room offers the perfect opportunity to have a good clean out, which always feels good!
9. Just sit and think (preferably in the morning sunshine) – Something no one does very often these days…
10. Set some new fitness goals (and stick to them!) –It might just be running a bit further than usual, or increasing your weights. Either way, it feels great when you achieve small, realistic goals.