The Atkins Diet has recently had a make-over and been further improved by experts (read more at the end of this post). The good news? There are now even more nutritious options, like these Raspberry and Ricotta Pancakes that are not only tasty, but still tick all the Atkins Diet boxes – WIN!
Carbohydrates per serve: 3.4 grams
- 3 tbsp soy flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1½ tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup whole ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup sugar free raspberry jam
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tsp sweetener
1. Whisk together eggs, soy flour and salt, once smooth gradually whisk in cream. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl mix together ricotta, fruit spread and sugar substitute.
3. Melt a small portion of butter in a fry pan over medium heat. Pour around 2 tbsp of batter into pan tilt to coat the coat bottom. Cook until puffed and golden on bottom, turn over and cook until bottom starts to brown. Transfer to a plate.
4. Repeat with remaining butter and batter.
5. Spread pancakes with ricotta mixture, roll, garnish with fresh raspberries and serve.
About the Atkins Diet: The original Atkins diet has been reformulated and relaunched as the NEW Atkins Nutritional Approach – a scientifically-based method to safely and effectively lose and manage weight, supported by more than 80 peer-reviewed studies worldwide. The refreshed approach has been developed in conjunction with the Atkins International Science Advisory Board (SAB) – comprising experts in the fields of nutrition, metabolism, physiology and food science – to create a program which trains the body to burn fat rather than carbohydrates by eating a diverse range of nutrient-rich foods including lean protein, fibrous vegetables, fruits, natural fats, whole grains and legumes. Check out www.atkins.com for more info.