It’s always tricky to know what to bring to a BBQ or party when you’re asked to ‘bring a plate of something’. This Cob Loaf Dip is a gorgeous dish that’s guaranteed to be a hit at your next party, or a tasty weekend snack. In fact, this would be a great ‘man snack’ for dad to enjoy whilst putting his feet up and watching the telly on Father’s Day…
– 1 cob loaf
– 1 tub of lite sour cream
– 1 tub of cream cheese
– 1 can of pink salmon
– 1 packet of spring vegetable dried soup mix
1. Drain the salmon and add to a medium sized bowl. Remove the bones and mash.Add the sour cream, cream cheese and spring vegetable soup mix and stir until well combined.
2. Cut the top off the cob loaf and carefully pull out the bread from inside making a bowl of sorts. Make sure you don’t get too over excited with this step and damage the crust so your mixture leaks out.
3. Some people like to toast the bread bowl and bread but this is a personal preference and depends on if you like hard or soft bread.
4. Transfer your bread bowl to a nice plate, scatter the bread pieces around the outside, spoon in your mixture and place the bread lid askew. I also sprinkled some paprika on the top of the dip so it didn’t look too plain, but that is optional.