This is another delicious afternoon-tea-cake idea for dad this weekend…
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
– 150g unsalted butter, softened
– 80g (⅓ cup) caster sugar
– 4 eggs, at room temperature
– ½ cup Apricot Blush Syrup
– Zest of 1 lime
– 250g (1⅔ cup) plain flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– Extra butter and flour for greasing and dusting the tin
For the icing:
– ¼ cup icing sugar
– 1 tbsp Apricot Blush Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan-forced, 350F, gas mark 4).
2. Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
3. Add eggs and continue mixing on a lower speed for another minute.
4. Slowly pour in Apricot Blush Nectar and add lime zest, flour and baking powder and mix on a lower setting until the batter is just combined and smooth.
5. Grease a 22cm bundt cake tin (ring shape) with extra butter and dust with extra flour. Shake off excess flour.
6. Pour prepared batter around the tin and smooth out with a spoon or a spatula.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and turn the cake out onto a serving plate.
9. Mix together the icing sugar and Apricot Blush Nectar to make the icing.
10. Drizzle the icing over the warm cake and serve immediately
Tips and Tricks:
Store leftover cake in an air-tight container. Reheat any unused portions in the microwave for 20 seconds before serving.