If your wardrobe full of old mishapen wire and broken plastic hangers, you’ll love this simple gift idea from Driven By Decor. In fact, who wouldn’t love to receive these coat hangers as a gift? Coat hangers can be so plain and uninspiring, which is such a shame when we spend good money on clothing. As soon as I saw this gift idea I felt inspired and started to think how I could embellish them for different family members and friends.
Why we love it:
- This is an inexpensive gift idea that is quick and easy to create
- You can personalise the lettering to suit your recipient – meaningful quotes, funny sayings, special birthday and anniversary dates, names, favourite books, types of clothes i.e. coat, favourite frock, etc. – the options are endless!
- These are a great gift for men, women and children of any age
- You don’t have to be ‘crafty’ to make these and get an amazing result
- Upgrading your coat hangers will force you to have a clear-out and reorganise your wardrobe.
How to get the look:
- Shop around to find your wooden hangers. Look for good quality hangers that are made from a nice wood with a smooth finish.
- Raid your ribbon stash (if you have one) to find interesting ribbons, lace and other embellishments to tie around the hook. Otherwise check out your local haberdashery store or $2 shop to find some interesting ribbon. Gingham ribbon, for example, would be a cute choice with broad appeal.
- You could even glue interesting things like buttons, shells, foam shapes, etc onto them – visit a craft shop for inspiration.
- Find rub-on letters to personalise. Bright stickers with matching ribbon would be fun for kids. The kids could choose them and even stick them on themselves.