I don’t know many people who can resist a rich chocolate fudge, and this recipe has a delicious combination of ingredients to make an indulgent fudge for Christmas. This one will go down well on your Christmas table…
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup (113g/4oz) butter
- 340g/12oz evaporated milk
- 2 cups (350g/12oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 340g/12oz sweet baking chocolate
- 195g/7oz marshmallow crème
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, and evaporated milk.
2. Cook the mixture over a medium heat, stirring frequently, until it reaches the soft-ball stage.
3. Remove the mixture from the heat, and stir in the chocolate chips and baking chocolate until melted.
4. Stir the marshmallow crème and vanilla into the mixture until well blended.
5. Spread the mixture into a 30×20 cm/13×8 inch pan and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
This recipe was kindly shared with us by Charly Leetham (Author), Kim Lambert (Editor) and comes from their book, How to Bake the Best Delicious Fudge For All Seasons – In Your Kitchen (“How to Bake the Best” Book 4). You can buy the book here.
About the authors:
Kim Lambert is an author, photographer, speaker, freelance writer, business woman and entrepreneur, with a background ranging from Technical Management and Development in the computing field to cooking and sewing as part of a medieval recreation group, and making theatrical costumes.
She writes cookbooks and photography books for fun (as a bit of a change from business books!) and also helps others publish their books (regardless of topic!). She lives near Canberra, Australia, and travels as often as possible.
Charly Leetham’s goal is to assist small business owners realize the power of the Internet as a channel to market their organizations in an appropriate and cost-effective manner. She helps solopreneurs and small businesses map their business processes and plan their web presence. Charly has a passion for IT and helping people overcome their technology challenges. She has more than 24 years experience in the IT industry.
As a result of her endeavours over the last four years, Charly has won the MCEI Women in Business Marketing Award 2010, been shortlisted for the Telstra Business Woman of the Year 2011 awards and awarded Best Entrepreneur – Service Businesses – Up to 100 Employees – Computer Services category in the 8th annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business. Charly was also named in to the Top 100 Women in Ecommerce 2011 and is an honoree for Website Development in the Women In Business Golden Mouse awards.
In her spare time Charly enjoys good food, drink and company, and sharing that enjoyment. She writes recipe and seasonal books for fun and hopes that you enjoy using them!