Slow cooked ribs are pure comfort food. Whilst time is required to cook them, this recipe can be prepared in minutes with simple ingredients. Pop them all in your slow cooker in the morning, and you’ll return home to the glorious aroma of slow-cooked meat.
– 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
– 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
– 2 teaspoons of chilli (optional)
– Half a teaspoon of ground black pepper
– 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
– 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
– Half a cup of tomato sauce
– Half a cup of water
1. Combine dry spice ingredients and rub over the meat well. You can do this the night before and leave in fridge overnight for extra flavour.
2. Turn slow-cooker on low
3. Combine BBQ sauce ingredients on a bowl
4. Place meat in slow cooker and cover with sauce
5. Cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 6 hours.
– Serve with grilled vegetables and mash, or salad and chips.
– This rub and sauce also work well with pork shoulder roast. Pull the pork and serve with coleslaw in buns for the perfect pork sliders.
Want more recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter here…