You can’t go past eggs for a filling, nutritious breakfast. The beauty of this Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Egg Parcel is that it’s quick (15 mins from start to finish) and simple (only a few key ingredients required). The hero of this dish are the high quality fresh ingredients – eggs and smoked salmon.
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 tbsp reduced-fat cream
- 2 – 4 large smoked salmon slices
- 1 lemon wedge
- 4 sprigs dill, chopped – keep some whole for garnish
- 4 slices wholegrain bread, toasted
- Pepper to taste
1. Line two large ramekins with plastic wrap, squeeze a little lemon juice on top and place the smoked salmon into the ramekins, covering the base whilst leaving enough salmon hanging over the edges. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
2. Whisk the eggs, cream and seasoning together in a bowl.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan and cook the eggs over low heat, stirring regularly until cooked to your liking.
4. Place eggs into the ramekins and fold smoked salmon over the edges to make a parcel.
5. Turn parcels on to plates, remove the plastic wrap and garnish with sprigs of dill. Serve with hot toast.
When served with spinach or a salad, a serving of Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Egg Parcel offers the following nutritional value:
25% RDI* for folate
18% RDI for iron
24% RDI for Vitamin A
*Recommended Dietary Intake
This recipe was kindly shared with us by the team at the Australian Egg Industry. eggs.org.au is their consumer site – check it out for more info on eggs, recipes, nutrition or frequently asked questions.