1. Tell us a bit about your business and how you got to where you are now?
My husband was always complaining that he could never wash his hands in the laundry sink because I was always soaking clothes in there, and told me to do something about it. So I accepted the challenge and saved my marriage by inventing the Australia made Soka Tub.
The Soka Tub increases the usability and functionality of the laundry sink whilst saving water and detergent. It allows you to separately soak delicate, stained and coloured items in different solutions, all in the one bucket. Thus saving time and avoids the backlog of multiple items on your laundry bench. Store in the sink, on the bench, in a cupboard or out on display. There is no wrong answer.
Even though the Soka Tub is primarily designed for the laundry it also was purposefully designed to be versatile in and around the home with a goal of one product having infinite uses. Since storage space is a premium in most homes, apartments, caravans and boats, the Soka Tub therefore becomes the solution to most household problems. Stylish, versatile, practical, universal, ergonomically designed, sustainable, award winning, Australian made and with a focus on supporting a circular economy.
2. What do you love most about your business – how is it unique?
The unique features of the Soka Tub include:
– There is no other compartmental laundry soaking system on the market
– No other system eliminates the risk of children drowning with the internal compartments insitu.
– The only system which is ergonomically designed for manual handling of lighter loads
– The only system where you can soak 3 different items in 3 different laundry solutions in the one bucket
– The only system with draining lids which reduces skin contact with waste water and also – doubles as a mixing tool.
– The only system with a circular economy focus
– The only system that saves water and detergent
3. What’s your life mantra?
Life’s too short to be in the laundry
4. What else would you be doing if you didn’t do what you do?
Working in an op shop!! haha
5. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
Last week my girlfriend surprised me with a 3 hr house cleaner!!! I was in 2 minds whether to get her to do the standard clean like bathrooms and floors, or the things you don’t get to often like tracks and skirting boards.
6. What’s the best gift you’ve ever bought someone?
A Soka Tub of course!!
Nicole Gibson is the Director of Soka Australia. Nicole accepted her husband’s challenge and designed the award winning laundry Soka Tub which saves water, detergent, space, time,money and sanity.
With over 2 decades as a registered nurse and having 4 kids, Nicole shared her knowledge in a parenting book which saw Nicole provide the community with solutions to everyday problems as a parenting expert on local radio for 3 years. The Soka Tub is proudly made in Australia and Nicole actively supports local business through donations and mentoring. Nicole often shares how even regular Australians can do extraordinary things simply by asking what problem are they solving and what makes them unique? Nicole believes that many great ideas go to the grave, and that if there is still a hole in the market after numerous years, then that is a sign to fill that hole with your business idea. Learn more at www.sokaaustralia.com.au and connect on Instagram.
Want more inspiration like this? Subscribe to our newsletter here…