- This fun cake evokes happy childhood memories of enjoying an ice cream in a cone
- The drips down the side of the cake are really effective on a higher profile base, but you could use a lower, traditional cake shape as the base if you needed to.
- The sprinkles add a lovely splash of colour and texture to the cake and offer a few colours that could be matched with the icing. It would be fun to pick out the yellow colour in the sprinkles in the icing or somewhere else in the cake.
- The pastel shades of this cake are quite feminine, but you could experiment with chocolate and white icing or a blue and white colour scheme, for example, for a bloke.
A house-warming gift is a great way to welcome someone new to the neighbourhood, whilst making a positive first impression. Here’s one we found that makes us wish the Smiths were our neighbours!
- I don’t know many people who wouldn’t love receiving a bottle of wine, but even if they don’t drink, it’s always handy having a bottle of wine in the cupboard to offer to guest or friends that pop around.
- This is a particularly thoughtful drink for new neighbours that are also renovating.
- The addition of the hammer is funny, but also practical – something you’d definitely use after moving into a new house and need for the odd repair job or putting up pictures.
- The little note included with this gift looks lovely and natural and personal since it’s handwritten. You could use any type of gift card here, but the ‘swing-tag’ type with a string work particularly well.
What a great way to end the week! Happy Tequila Day everyone – have a Margarita for us!:-)
Whilst cakes with fancy icing and decorations are things or beauty to marveled at, sometimes it’s the simplest cakes that have the biggest impact, like this gorgeous Berry Butter Cake…
Why we love it:
- Assorted berries look fresh and colourful as a simple decoration on this cake.
- This is a great summer cake as it’s light and uses seasonal fruit which will hopefully taste its best at this time of year.
- Butter cake is a real crowd-pleaser, but if you are catering for people with allergies you could substitute butter with Nuttelex or another dairy-free substitute, or use gluten-free flour.
- It’s quick to put together – you don’t have to put too much thought into decorations as the berries as piled on top and secured in place with a layer of icing.
Why we love it:
- This is a great way to re-purpose old cars you might have at home or pick up from a market, garage sale or second hand shop.
- These look great on walls of a little boy’s room
- They are a great way of turning old ‘favourite’ cars you can’t bring yourself to throw away into something beautiful, interesting and unique.
- Play around with the colour of cars and frames that you choose – you could go for contrasting colours to make a bold statement, or tonal colours that match each other or existing decor.
- Don’t limit yourself to cars – this type of display could be done for any type of object – anything from dolls for a little girl’s room to Nanna’s spoon collection to ceramic figurines. Precious object d’art will also be protected from kids/pets/life when displayed behind glass on the wall like this.
Why we love e+m pens:
- They are handcrafted in Germany from high-quality, sustainable wood
- The wider profile of these pens and pencils ensure they are easy to use – especially for people with arthritis or limited movement in their hands
- The design of e+m pens is simple, stylish and timeless
- They make great birthday, anniversary, graduation, bridesmaid and groomsmen gifts
- Each piece comes beautifully presented in its own gift box