Want more inspiration like this? Subscribe to our newsletter here…
A few weeks ago we moved house. If I’m honest, it was a pretty stressful event with two young children added to the mix! And I’m still unpacking boxes…
However, the whole ordeal was made more bearable when a gorgeous friend presented this beautiful homemade rainbow layer cake (inspired by this post) as a housewarming gift.
It was absolutely delicious, and sustained me for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the first couple of days;-)
Why I love it:
- I’m a huge fan of the tonal rainbow look – it’s a beautiful surprise when you cut the cake open.
- I adore the handwritten message.
- It was made with love and cheered me up after a stressful moving experience.
- It was delicious (and it fed me for two days!)
It’s official that Emojis have taken over our lives when the poop Emoji makes an appearance as a cupcake…
Why we love them:
- You have to admit, they’re super-cute – once you get over what they are…
- These would be a humorous cake for a teen-birthday.
- They’re pretty easy to make – chocolate cupcake, chocolate icing applied with a piping bag and edible eyes.
- These would be fun as part of an “Emoji-themed” party.
- Great for guys or gals
These are almost to adorable to eat! What a sweet idea, and some very clever cake-making skills…
- Succulents and cactus are actually really on-trend at the moment as pot plants, so why not cupcakes?!
- They look adorable served on this vintage-style platter.
- We love the fact that each one is different, and that some have flowers and others don’t.
- These would be great for either a guy or gal.
Ok, so this one is a little too real for my liking, but I do know some men who’d go for steak over cake any day…
- I can’t even begin to imagine how this cake has been created – the colour and texture are so incredibly real!
- We love the addition of the broccoli and cutlery.
- This cake would go down a treat with a meat-loving man.