A fresh, light summer dessert will go down well at any Australia Day BBQ. We reckon this Pavlova Roulade will even have the people who “don’t eat dessert” coming back for more!
- 8 Free range eggs (whites only)
- 270g Caster sugar
- 10g Cornflour
- 10ml White vinegar
- 5ml Vanilla essence
- 200ml Bulla Vanilla Flavoured Cream
- 5 Passionfruits (de-seeded)
- 1 Pineapple (diced)
- 100g Popping mango pearls
- 1 Punnet baby basil
- 3 Passionfruit
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine egg whites,
250g caster sugar and cornflower in a bowl, and whisk using the whisk attachment of
your electric beaters (or Kitchen Aid).
2. Whisk egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks are formed; then reduce to a low
speed, gradually adding in 20g caster sugar and cornflour mixture. Once mixture is
glossy and firm peaks have formed, add in the vanilla essence along with the vinegar.
3. Spread the meringue evenly onto the baking paper, taking it to the edges. Bake for 12-15
minutes or until slightly golden in colour.
4. Lay a sheet of fresh baking paper on the bench and sprinkle 20g of the caster sugar over
it. Once meringue is cooked, turn out onto the sugar dusted paper – gently peeling the
baking paper away and allowing to cool.
5. Pour the Bulla Vanilla Flavoured Cream into a clean bowl and whisk with an electric
whisk/beater until it’s semi-whipped. Remove and fold in the seeded passionfruit.
Spread the Bulla Vanilla Flavoured Cream evenly onto the meringue sheet.
6. Gently roll the meringue into a tight roulade.
Place the roulade onto a rectangle dish then place the pineapple, passionfruit, popping
mango pearls and baby basil on top to finish.
This recipe is courtesy of Anna Polyviou, Executive Pastry Chef, Shangri-La Hotel Sydney
About Bulla: Bulla is one of Australia’s oldest family owned dairy companies, proudly making dairy products in country Australia for six generations. Bulla is dedicated to making products with more care, craftsmanship and passion from only the finest milk and cream. A time-honoured tradition to bring families nothing but the best. Check out the Bulla website here: www.bulla.com.au. They also have a Facebook page: www.facebook.com/bullacream
What fruit do you like with your Pavlova?