Garnet is the birthstone of January. Whilst Garnet come in many colours, it is most well-know for its rich, deep red colour and linked to purity, truth, love and compassion. Here is some interesting things you might not know about Garnet:
- Garnet is a stone associated with successful business. If business is a bit slow, pop three or more Garnets on your desk.
- Sleeping with a Garnet under your pillow is said to cure depression.
- Popularity and increased self-esteem are said to come from wearing Garnets as jewellery.
- Garnets are also said to protect you when travelling, and bring constancy to friendships.
- Garnet is also said to have healing properties – especially for the thyroid and spleen – if held over the area.
- It can help increase sex drive.
Check out www.crystal-cure.com/garnet.html for more info on Garnet.
Here are some of our favourite Garnet coloured gift ideas…
Do you know what your birthstone is?