This is the second recipe in our Valentine’s Day Sweet Treats recipe series. These tea-infused chocolate cupcakes are a really versatile base for decorating with any colour/flavoured icing you like. They would also look great decorated with cream and strawberries, or with a sprinkling of little sugar hearts on top.
- 65 g butter
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup Dilmah Breakfast tea
2. Sift flour, cocoa powder into a bowl.
3. Make ½ cup Dilmah Breakfast tea using 2 tea bags and hot water. Allow to infuse 10 minutes, cool in refrigerator.
4. With an electric mixer beat butter, sugar and egg together until combined. Fold half flour/cocoa powder and half milk. Repeat with remaining flour/cocoa powder, milk and tea.
5. Divide the mixture among the greased cup cake pans and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean.
6. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Thanks to our friends at Dilmah for sharing this beautiful recipe with us. Dilmah is a family‐owned Sri Lankan tea company established by Merrill J. Fernando, the first tea grower to offer his tea, grown, handpicked and traditionally made, directly from the origin. www.dilmah.com.au