One of the nicest gifts to receive from someone is a compliment. It’s very easy to focus on what we don’t like about ourselves, so a gift like this is a massive self-esteem boost.
Who wouldn’t love to receive a gift like this?
Why we love it:
- This is a gift that everyone would love. Young, old, male, female – this is a rare gift that transcends gender and culture.
- It’s personal – there would be no two books the same as each one would be unique to its recipient.
- It shows you care – a certain level of effort and thought is required on the gift-giver’s part, making this gift extremely precious.
Things to write in this book:
- Focus on personality, as opposed to appearance. Comments like you have ‘gorgeous blue eyes’,’a beautiful smile’ or ‘a cute butt’ are flattering. However, compliments on the things we can control have lasting impact and don’t fade with age. For example: loyalty, a great laugh, patience, a kind heart, etc.
- Think about the types of things you’d like to be complimented on. Chances are your recipient would like to be complimented on similar traits (that are applicable to them, of course).
- You could get other people to contribute to the book (such as family, friends or work colleagues), making it a great group gift that everyone feels they have contributed to.
Who would you give this book to? We’d love your thoughts – please comment below…