Autumn means pumpkin time! If you have a large pumpkin that you want to use up, this recipe’s a delicious twist on the classic pumpkin soup.
- 1.5kg chopped pumpkin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cerlery stick, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil for frying
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup light coconut milk
1. In a large pan, heat the oil and fry the spices over a low heat for 2 mins.
2. Add the vegetables (pumpkin, onion and celery) and stir-fry for a couple of minutes to coat in the spices.
3. Add stock and bring to the boil. Cover, then simmer until the pumpkin is tender.
4. After the soup has cooled slightly, puree until smooth.
5. Return the smooth soup to the pan and stir through coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve with fresh finely chopped coriander and crusty bread, or cornbread.
Want more recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter here…