It’s the first week back at school after the holidays. If you were scrambling for things to put in your child’s lunchbox this morning, try Ocea Marie’s healthy cookie recipe…
“I would buy so many cookies from the bakery section at the supermarket. It was ridiculous! As our eating habits changed and we developed a healthier relationship with food, finding cookies that weren’t filled with nasties became a challenge. So I took to the kitchen and after much ‘toddler testing’ here is what I call the ‘Choc Chip Cookie Monster Recipe’. It’s a perfect guilt-free treat to satisfy a craving and fits neatly in a lunchbox!” – Ocea Marie
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 1 cup Oats
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbsps Pure Maple Syrup
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 150g Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C
2. Blitz the oats until they have ’flour’ like texture.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond meal, oats, salt, and baking powder, then add the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix well until all the ingredients are wet.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Using a rounded tablespoon, scoop up the batter and then roll into balls, drop the cookie batter onto a baking pan lined with baking paper.
5. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
6. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking pan. You can eat them while they are warm, be mindful that the melted chocolate chips are hot! I actually prefer the taste and texture once they are at room temperature.
TIP: Double the batch and freeze the extras, this is always my intention but never happens.
Ocea Marie is a Wife, Mumma, Nonna, entrepreneur, writer and eternal optimist dedicated to helping you live, love and create a little more abundance every day. Learn more at www.oceamarie.com.
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe to our newsletter here…