After my family, my slow cooker might be my next greatest love. I love the idea of throwing in a big old piece of meat with some herbs, spices and seasoning in the morning, and coming home to restaurant-worthy meat-in-the-mouth goodness. This slow cooked lamb flavoured with lemon and oregano is no exception…
– 1 leg or shoulder of lamb
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, crushed
– 1 tsp dried oregano
– Flaked salt and ground pepper
– 2 lemons
– extra-virgin olive oil
1. Pre-heat your slow cooker on Low
2. Pop lamb in slow cooker and pour in juice from one lemon and a drizzle of oil over the top.
3. Season lamb with oregano, salt and pepper and garlic.
4. Add enough water so liquid comes up 2-3cm around the sides
5. Leave lamb to cook for 8 hours on low, or 6 hours on high.
6. Turn the lamb over every hour until it falls apart
Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice, a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, some salt and ground pepper.
TIP: Serve as a traditional roast with roast veggies, or pull the meat and serve in wraps or pitta bread with chopped tomatoes, lettuce, grated carrot, cheese, and greek yoghurt with cucumber. Also delicious served this way as left overs the next day!
Want more recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter here…