This week we caught up with Kay Trembath from Crumbz in Victoria’s gorgeous Healesville and decided that home-made treats are always the best option when it comes to gifts…
1. The best gift I ever received was…my engagement ring from my now husband.
2. The top gift on my wish list is…an e-type Jag.
3. The best gift I have ever given was…some pens, magazines and toiletries to a sewing school in Cambodia.
4. The hardest person I have ever had to buy a gift for is…my Dad. Men are so hard to buy for, especially ones who already have everything they need.
5. The best last-minute gift is…something home-made – a scarf you’ve knitted, some jam or chutney, hummus or some flowers from the garden.
6. My hot gift buying tip is…make it yourself. The time and love that has gone into making the present makes it priceless for the recipient.
Kay is the owner of Crumbz, a fabulous craft shop in Healesville, in Victoria’s Yarra Valley. Crumbz is packed full of gorgeous designer aprons, fashionable fabrics and wool, kitchenware and house hold gift items. Some of their gorgeous products include washing up gloves with a leopard print trim, kids’ chef hats, china tea cups and polka dot cupcake cases. You can also buy all your haberdashery: wool, yarn, patterns, fabrics – whatever your sewing/craft needs. Kay also runs a series of classes and workshops on sewing, patchwork, crochet, knitting and stitching that help people learn about and enjoy crafts from yesteryear. Check out the Crumbz website to check out their products and classes: www.crumbz.com.au