Most mums wouldn’t turn down a homemade scone, and this recipe couldn’t be simpler. I also love the addition of honey and dates for a natural sweetness, as well as lemon rind for freshness.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 50g chilled butter, cubed
- ¾ cup chopped dates
- 1 cup milk, plus extra for brushing
- 2 tablespoons Capilano Honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- to serve
- Butter & Capilano Honey
- Lightly flour the board. Too much extra flour will result in a dense scone.
- Press cutter straight down into dough and do not twist.
- Scones cooled on a wire rack will have a crisp crust. If you prefer a softer crust, cover the scones with a tea towel.
About Capilano: In 2013, Capilano Honey celebrates their 60th Anniversary with a product which still remains as 100% Australian owned and grown as it was 60 years ago. Capilano honey showcases some of the amazing native floral varieties sourced from their network of approximately 500 Australian beekeepers, promoting a real ‘Hive to Home’ experience.