If you’re looking for a tasty winter snack, try these savoury veggie muffins…
Makes 6 large muffins (2 per serve)
- ½ cup pumpkin, roughly chopped in 1cm dices
- ½ cup zucchini, roughly chopped in 1cm dices
- ½ cup spring onions, sliced
- 1 large handful baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- A pinch pepper to taste
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Place pumpkin into a microwave-safe bowl, cover with water and cook in the microwave for 3 minutes or until slightly softened. Drain and add zucchini, spring onions and spinach.
3. Lightly beat eggs and milk, pour over the vegetables and season.
4. Sift flour and baking powder over the top and stir until just combined.
5. Spoon mixture into baking paper lined, non-stick muffin trays, sprinkling with pumpkin seeds, and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
Chef’s tip: For an indulgent variation, crumble low fat fetta and chopped sundried tomatoes into the mix.