Do you struggle to find the right words for messages in greeting cards? If so, you’re not alone. Purchasing the gift is often easier than working out what to write in the card, especially if you’re not a sentimental person. Here are a few things to consider when you’re thinking of the perfect message in the card:
– The personality of the recipient – are they fun-loving, serious, sentimental? This will help you decide what type of message you write. A fun-loving person might roll their eyes at a soppy message, whereas a funny message might be lost on a serious person.
– What you’re trying to say – sounds obvious, but what is the main message you’re trying to express? Appreciation and gratitude? Love, or simply a message that will make them smile?
1. Use a special quote or saying that means something to you both
2. Think of a special moment you’ve enjoyed together previously (this could be from when you were a child, or more recently) and say why you enjoyed this. You could also thank them for something kind they’ve done for you lately.
3. Father’s Day is about taking a moment to give thanks and show appreciation for everything the Dad’s in your life (father, husband, grandad, Godfather) do for you and your family.
4. A Father’s Day card can be sent to any man who has inspired you and had a positive influence in your life.
If you’ve bought your Father’s Day card, but are stuck for words, read on. Here are some of our favourite messages to write in a Father’s Day card – feel free to tweak and customise these as necessary…
To dad, from you:
1. “I’m so proud to call you my Dad. I love you!”
2. “Thanks Dad, for your love and guidance throughout the years.”
3. “Thanks for being there when I needed you – I’m lucky to have you in my life.”
To dad, from the family:
1. “You’re irreplaceable – thanks for being such a special part of our family, we love you.”
2. “We’ve always looked up to you – thanks for setting a positive example for us to follow.”
3. “For all the fun times we’ve shared, and fun the times ahead, here’s to you, Dad.”
1. “You’re the rock of foundation in our family. Happy Father’s Day, to the world’s best Grandad.”
2. “Happy Father’s Day, Grandad. I hope my grandchildren have fond memories of me, like I
do of you. I treasure the time we’ve spent together.”
3. “Grandad, I’m grateful for all you’ve taught me (even your bad jokes!). You’ve had such a positive, calming influence on my life and I admire the man you are. We love you so much, happy Father’s Day.”
To other Father-like figures, i.e. Uncle, Godfather, Mentor, Step-dad, etc.:
1. “We’re thinking of you on Father’s Day and are so grateful for all you’ve done for us.”
2. “To the best Godfather in the world, my parents did well when they chose you – you’re the best man for the job.”
3. “Thanks for the love, support and wisdom you’ve shared over the years. You’ll never know the difference you’ve made in my life”.
To Husband or Partner:
1. “Not only are you the father of our children, you’re the love of my life. Happy Father’s Day to the world’s best dad and husband.”
2. “I’m grateful for every day that we share life, love and parenting together. I couldn’t ask for a better partner and father for our children.”
3. “There’s no one I would rather share our life journey with than you.”
Whatever you say, and however you say it, we wish you and your family a very happy Father’s Day.