Vases make an excellent gift as you can never too many to accommodate flowers of different sizes and shapes (add this one to the ‘gift list’ for someone who is hard to buy for!).
However, if you don’t have the right sized vase, it’s great to know that a bowl can also be converted into a gorgeous vessel for displaying flowers by simply using some tape…
Why we love it:
- A bowl has a lower profile than a vase, so is easier to see over when you are talking to people on the other side of the table.
- A bowl is more stable and less likely to get knocked over when you’re reaching for the pepper.
- This method accommodates lots flowers of lots of different shapes and sizes. The flat surface means that small flowers with shorter stems won’t get ‘lost’.
- You can have fun experimenting with lots of different sized bowls. This idea will have me checking out the glassware section more carefully the next time I go to an op shop or secondhand store!
- You can also experiment with different coloured bowl and flower combinations – a white bowl will set of brightly coloured flowers, whilst a colourful bowl would look great with white flowers or flowers in one tone, i.e. all pink.
- A beautiful bowl of flowers like this would make the perfect hostess gift the next time you go to a dinner party.