Super-charge your Pavlova this Australia Day by adding some delicious fruit-flavoured Jelly Belly jelly beans. The kids will love decorating this gorgeous Australia Day treat.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes, plus 30 minutes cooling time
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 drops vanilla essence
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped
- Jelly Belly beans to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan forced. Line a large tray with baking paper.
2. With 2 electric beaters, beat egg whites in a large clean bowl until sift peaks form. Slowly
beat in sugar ¼ cup at a time, until meringue is stiff and glossy. Sprinkle over cornflour,
vinegar and vanilla, and fold in lightly with a metal spoon.
3. Trace an outline of a map of Australia (perfect for the kids to do!) on the prepared baking
tray. Don’t forget Tassie!
4. Pile meringue into the centre of the map and gently push out to edges, keeping the
Australia shape. Repeat for Tassie. Top with any remaining meringue and pile as high as you can.
5. Reduce heat to 150°C or 130°C fan forced, and cook for 30-35 minutes till slightly golden.
Turn off oven and leave Pavlova to cool completely.
6. Spread with whipped cream and decorate with Jelly Belly jelly beans for the states and
territories. Dust with icing sugar if desired.
Jelly Belly used – Very Cherry, Green Apple, Lemon, Berry Blue, Blueberry, Cotton Candy and Tangerine.
Find out more about the Jelly Belly story and confectionary at www.jellybelly.com.au
Want more recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter here…