Crème brulee is my dessert of choice if it’s on the menu when I go out for a meal. Many of my girlfriends are also fans, so I reckon this dessert is a guaranteed winner for Mother’s Day. And you’ll get extra Brownie Points for making it yourself!
- 2 ½ cups (625ml) thickened cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 tbs caster sugar, plus 1/3 cup extra for brulee top
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Mixed berries, to serve
1. In a Pyrex 4 cup capacity glass jug, combine cream, yolks, vanilla, sugar and cornflour and whisk.
2. Microwave on high for 5 minutes and whisk. Continue microwaving in 1-2 minute increments until custard thickens to a dollop consistency.
3. Divide custard between four Pyrex 1 cup capacity glass prep bowls.
4. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of caster sugar over the surface of each custard in an even layer. Use a blowtorch to caramelise the sugar until golden. Serve with mixed berries.
Tip: Make these up to 5 days in advance and store covered in the fridge. Just dust with sugar and torch right before serving.
This recipe was kindly shared with us by the team at Pyrex.
Want more recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter here…