Waffles are a firm fav in our household – they are versatile like pancakes and each family member can choose their preferred topping. Here’s how to make a delicious batch of waffles for mum on Mother’s Day…
- 2 cups plain flour
- ½ tsp table salt
- 1 tbs baking powder
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups warm milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Milk and white chocolate chips, to serve
- Mixed berries, to serve
- Coloured sprinkles, to serve
- Chopped mixed nuts, to serve
- Whipped vanilla bean cream, to serve
- Honey, to serve
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Orange juice, to serve
1. Preheat a waffle iron.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and sugar and whisk together. In a small bowl, combine, eggs, milk, butter and vanilla and whisk to combine.
3. Add wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until smooth.
4. Grease both sides of the waffle iron. Depending on the size of your waffle iron, add 1/3 – 1/2 cup of batter, close the lid and cook for 3 minutes or until golden.
5. Serve your waffles stacked high with all the crazy toppings you can find.
Tip: The toppings are the best part! Try a berry coulis, a chocolate or a caramel sauce. Sliced banana, a big scoop of ice cream or your favourite chocolate bar sliced up. Let your imagination run wild.