8 reasons to love greeting cards
When I was growing up, my mum had a pretty box filled with an assortment of beautiful greeting cards she had collected for any occasion: birthdays, thank you, sympathy, blank – you name, she had it! She would always keep her eye out for new cards to add to her ‘stash’ so it never depleted, even as she gave them away. Whilst she didn’t necessarily pick specific cards for specific recipients, she had a wide enough selection to find the perfect card for anyone. And because she had selected ones she really loved, they were all gorgeous.
As an adult, I am now also an avid card collector. I not only love collecting to cards to give to others, but also to display as collections in frames. They are an affordable way to decorate your home with work from artists you love. It is also fun trying to find the perfect frame to display them in. Here are some other reasons why you need greeting cards in your life:
1. A greeting card will brighten anyone’s day
2. There’s a greeting card for any occasion – birthday, engagement, wedding, anniversary, birth of a baby, farewell, get well, death, to say thank you…or just to say you care.
3. There’s a greeting card to suit anyone. If you can’t find one with the right message, get a blank one and write your own! There is plenty of greeting card message inspiration online, such as these ideas from Creatively Belle.
4. You can write as much or as little as you like, or even find a card with the perfect message. If you can’t say it in person, say if with a greeting card!
5. You don’t need an occasion to give a greeting card
6. You can keep a stash of greeting cards tucked away so you’re prepared for any occasion
7. If you are giving a gift voucher or cash as a gift, inserting it into a greeting card with apersonal message removes the risk of it being an impersonal gift.
8. When you buy a greeting card you potentially support not one, but four Australian businesses: the Artist, the publisher, the printer, and the retailer. Whilst the role of the “middle man” is often questioned, the reality is that many artists are happy to outsource the publishing and printing of their work as it means they can focus on what’s important: creating art.
Any if you’re still not convinced, check out our latest range of greeting cards from some of these talented Australian and English artists.
We’re also offering a $20 DISCOUNT on all orders from now until midnight, Sunday 14/4/19.
Use Discount Code CARD in the Discount Code field when you place your order.
This offer can’t be used in conjunction with other offers, or redeemed for cash. But please feel free to share with family and friends:-)
Courtney and the Mr Gift Team