We’re constantly on the lookout for new, unique products from emerging designers and artisans. High-quality handmade products (particularly from reclaimed or recycled products) are at the top of our list, especially if they have a unique point of difference or an interesting story behind them.
Oopsmark from Montreal, Canada certainly ticks all of the above boxes. Jesse Herbert, self-titled “designer, engineer, musician and jack of many trades” is the creative genius behind the brand. Always the curious, industrious-type, Jesse graduated from the University of Waterloo with an Honours Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Whilst he has worked for a number of renowned employers, such as Environment Canada, JDS Uniphase, Bombardier and Bauer, “his passion lies in helping cool people do what they do, but better, easier and faster.” LOVE IT!
A move to Montreal in 2009 has seen Jesse focus his attention on leather products, “fusing function and style with his various collections” in his Mile-End workshop.
We’re completely besotted by Oopsmark’s Bicycle Wine Rack. Why do we love it so much?
1. It combines two of our favourite pastimes: wine + cycling = FUN!
2. The leather rack is easy to attach to most bicycle frames. It features a simple clamping system under the leather to hold it securely in place.
3. With a 3” diameter, the rack is designed to carry most bottles, including wine bottles, water bottles and even Vodka bottles!
4. The rack is handcrafted from olive oil-treated vegetable tanned leather and antique brass fasteners (from reclaimed hardware). The natural treatment used on this high quality leather ensures it will age beautifully.
5. We haven’t seen anything else like this – it’s a unique, innovative product and an awesome gift (along with other great gift ideas from Mr Gift).
BUY NOW and receive FREE DELIVERY on any Oopsmark Bicycle Wine Rack purchased before 5pm Fri 6 April 2012. Simply enter code OOPS when you place your order.
Check out Oopsmark’s cool video to see this fascinating product in action…